Columba Communications is all about providing customised solutions, geared towards your specific wishes. And what you want to outsource is entirely down to you. Secondment at your premises is also a possibility.
- Participation in the organising committee
- Drawing up a schedule with a list of the parties responsible
- Alert budget monitoring
- Drawing up the plan or diary and activity list, and discussing these with the parties involved
- Monitoring the progress of the activities
- Requesting and assessing proposals
- Coordination of the printing
- Selecting the desired location
- Booking and cooperating with the desired location
- Coordination of the catering and the required audiovisual resources
- Layout and decor of the room
- Reserving hotel accommodation
- Supervising the reception and registration of participants
- Hiring and briefing hostesses
- Ultimate responsibility for smooth organisation
- Evaluation with the organising committee / the client
Participant registration is fully automised. Special for your event a unique on-line registration form will be composed with all separate activities mentioned. A hyperlink to this form can be fixed on any web site you wish. We also offer the participant a save way to pay on-line be credit card. You receive a regular digital summary of registrations and cancellations so that you have a good overview of the attendance. This enables you to take the appropriate action should there be more of fewer registrations than expected.
- Compose an on-line registration form
- Receipt of registration forms and registering participants
- Mailing confirmations letters and invoices
- Collecting and processing payments
- Selecting hotel accommodation
- Registering hotel reservations
- Producing badges, participant lists and hotel lists
- Post-project follow-up
A scientific congress is based on papers, so the smooth and precise administrative processing of the abstracts is essential. Columba Communications takes this work on for you in a very professional manner.
- Receipt and registration of abstracts
- Mailing confirmation letters
- Forward abstracts to the reviewers
- Mailing notification of acceptance or rejection abstract
- Receiving, registering and confirming receipt of papers
- Making the proceedings print-ready and delivering them to the printer
The location has a significant influence on the atmosphere, appeal and ultimate success of your event. Columba Communications is very attentive to the demands you having concerning the location and technical requirements, and with our extensive experience, we can give you good advice on these matters.
- Determining the wishes and starting points
- Advising on and selecting a suitable location
- Reserving rooms and other required areas
- Making arrangements concerning room layout and decor
- Setting up technical/audiovisual resources
- Contact with speakers concerning technical requirements
- Organising signposting, inside and outside
Perfectly organised catering is the icing on the cake, as it were. Columba Communications helps you make the right choices, on the basis of the best price/quality ration.
- Request quotations for coffee, tea, lunches, dinner, etc.
- Discuss quotations with the client
- Fixing the arrangements
- Discussing the programme and ensuring it runs smoothly
- Passing on guest numbers and any diet requirements
- Responsible for decor, menus and seating
The announcement and invitation are your event's calling cards, so Columba Communications puts great emphasis on this and discuss the content with you.
- Request an select quotations from designer and printer
- Arrange for design of 'call for papers', invitations, posters, programme etc.
- Draft a schedule indicating those involved and monitor progress
- Edit and correct text
- Undertake final edit
Of course, you can also outsource your administrative work. You will see that this is also in good hands with
- Preparing meetings and taking minutes
- Making and mailing reports
- Drafting list of resolutions and monitoring progress
- Mailing and correspondence
- Arranging congress necessities like badges, congress bags, promotional gifts, participant list, hotel list and financial summaries
- Providing information to participants/authors/sponsors/exhibitors
An exhibition is often a key component of a congress or symposium. Setting this up requires a specific kind of experience, the kind of experience that Columba Communications has to help you:
- Request quotations from stand builders
- Maintain contact with stand builders
- Draft lists of exhibitors
- Correspond with exhibitors
- Invoice exhibitors
- Brief the exhibitors
- Make an inventory of stand requirements and technical components
- Arrange the available space in consultation with the stand builder
In consultation with the organising committee, special activities may complement the event. Organising this involves:
- Conceiving and organising a partner programme
- Organising an evening, cultural or leisure programme
- Organising and supervising excursions
- Organising a reception and/or congress dinner
- Visiting special locations for reception or congress dinner
- Making price agreements on room hire, technical aspects, catering, décor, etc.
- Hiring artists, music and presenters
- Organising transport
Columba Communications can take care of all your financial administration and ensure that the budget is properly monitored, with regular feedback to you.
- Costing and budget monitoring
- Invoicing participants, sponsors, exhibitors, etc.
- Maintaining financial summaries
- Interim feedback with the client
- Checking and settling supplier invoices
- Payment of invoices
- One-time payment reminders
Have you achieved your goals? Is it feasible to repeat the event? What were the actual costs? All kinds of questions you would like answers to. After the end of the event Columba Communications will be pleased to check with you the goals against ultimate result.
- Drawing up and processing evaluation forms
- Evaluation interview with the client
- Making an evaluation report
- Settling the financial administration
- Sending reference work to the participants
- Concluding correspondence with the participants